Build Bike Friendly
The Town of Canmore has allocated $15,000 for 2017 to support businesses in the Town Centre and Gateway District for the construction of bike infrastructure on private property. The aim is to support useful and innovative bike-centric installations that will serve business owners, their employees, their patrons and the general public.
Secure bike storage, bike maintenance stands, and wash or repair stations are just some examples of what could be considered for this incentive program! Innovative new ideas will always be considered!
- If you are a recognized Bike Friendly Business you are eligible!
- Eligible projects qualify for a 90% work & materials cost recovery incentive up to $2,500!
- The 90% cost recovery incentive is only available for new or enhanced infrastructure.
- Works must be fully completed by July 31, 2017 to be eligible for the incentive.
- Projects must meet all applicable standards, codes, and guidelines.
- Funds are available on a first come first served basis until the $15,000 is exhausted
(based on date & time that complete application was received by the Town).
- The incentive will be paid within 30 days of completion of your terrific new project
(receipts indicating payment in full must be submitted).
- Services in kind are not eligible, but are a great way to save money and get better value!
- Applications will be reviewed and scored for eligibility.
Check out this document to learn more about bike parking that works: APBP Essentials of Bike Parking
Talk to your Bike Friendly Business Program Coordinator to learn more and apply!