Do you love Canmore’s trails and pathways, or do you wish they were a lot more like the trails in _________?
Either way, the Town of Canmore is seeking input on the Open Space and Trails Plan currently in draft form. The document is expected to guide the planning of the trails and paths in the community, as well as parks, playgrounds, off leash parks, and other open spaces.
Go to www.canmore.ca/ostp to check out the recommendations for specific areas – or read the whole document if you’d like! Click on any of the thumbnails for the recommendation summaries and then provide your comments in the box at the bottom of each page of via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If anything doesn’t make sense, or you want to know why it’s being proposed, just ask.
Some things listed are already planned, others are pipe dreams – but could become reality if there’s a lot of community enthusiasm for them!
The Town is looking to have all feedback by May 14th in hopes that the outcomes can be presented to Council on June 2nd. The finalized Open Space and Trails Plan will be used to guide departmental focus, budget requests, and new development.
- What does the Town need to know, and why is it important to you?
- What do or don’t you like about the draft recommendations in the plan?
- Is there a way the Town could help make your cycling commute to school or work perfect?
- Is there a singletrack loop or downhill trail you’ve been dreaming of? Is freeride dead in Canmore?
- Do you think any of the suggested ideas are awesome and you really want to see them happen?
Let the Town of Canmore know! Go to www.canmore.ca/ostp